Saturday, January 1, 2011

And a-Weigh we go!

First, I have to say, I’m overwhelmed by the number of folks who have reached out to offer their support and encouragement. Thank you so very much!!  It does help to know that so many are rooting for me as I embark on this journey. 
I’ve been crafting today’s post in my head for some time now. I’ve been thinking about how I would share the specifics of myself in a way that is honest yet hopefully minimally humiliating.  And now, for the main event – I weigh 195 pounds.  At 5’9”, that puts my BMI at 28.8 which is considered overweight.  A normal BMI is between 18.5 – 24.9.   At the end of this journey, my BMI will be around 22.
And now for some other stats: 
                Waist – 41 inches (ugh, this needs to be around 32)
                Hips – 48 ½ inches (also needs to drop)
                Bust – 39 ½ inches (will drop – no doubt, although I wish it wouldn’tJ)
                Arms – 13 inches (bicep measurements)
                Thighs – 28 ½ (just UGH!)

While I will be weighing myself every week – per the Weight Watchers program – I will only be taking measurements on the 1st of each month.  Additionally, I will post an updated picture on the 1st as well.  I hope that in these monthly increments, I will see differences. 

So for today's post, I am including a couple of shots....and please enjoy the humor added by my cat OZ who was very upset that we shut the bedroom door for a few moments to serve as a blank backdrop - the glow of his eyes is a direct reflection of his anger.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for doing this. I know you will succeed. Love you.

    ReplyDelete